Problem: Several weapons have bipods included in their models, although the bipods themselves are useless and cosmetic-only. Solution: This mod.
With "Bipods That (Actually) Work," you can now use the Lion Bipod weapon attachment and deploy them on the following five weapons:
- Gecko 7.62 Assault Rifle (Galil)
- Gewehr Assault Rifle (G3)
- JP36 Assault Rifle (G36)
- Thanatos Sniper Rifle (Barrett M95)
- Lebensauger .308 Sniper Rifle (WA2000)
Note: This mod also removes all of the (ridiculously strict) restrictions on where you can place your bipods. This is actually a bug, but enjoy it while you can.
Incompatible Weapon Attachments
I have also made the Lion Bipod attachment on these weapons incompatible with other weapon attachments that would remove the bipod model. Weapon attachment compatibility blacklist:
- Galil/Gecko 7.62: -Fabulous Foregrip -CQB Foregrip -Light Foregrip
- G3/Gewehr: (All foregrips forbidden except standard/unmodded foregrip) -Precision Foregrip -Tactical Foregrip -Wooden Foregrip -Plastic Foregrip
- G36/JP36: (Only allows the Long Foregrip from the Gage Spec Ops DLC) -Standard Foregrip -Compact Foregrip -Polizei Foregrip
- Barrett M95/Thanatos: -No incompatible mods
- Wa2000/Lebensauger .308: -No incompatible mods This mod is in beta. It is very new, and most of the bugs from my proof-of-concept are still there. However, none of them should involve crashing.
/!\ Important! /!\ This mod is best used in conjunction with the following mods:
- LMG Steelsights by Iron Predator, dotoo, anonymous, Feelgood, Noep, and KarateF22 (Highly recommended. Enables using steelsights or scopes when using LMGs or other bipod-deployed weapons.)
- Bipod for G3 by Alcat101 (Cosmetic- unfolds the bipod on the model of the G3)
- Bipod for G36 by Alcat101 (Cosmetic- adds an unfolded bipod onto the model of the G36's Long Foregrip)
These mods are easily searchable on modworkshop, but linking to them from Paydaymods is disabled.
Other important information:
- This mod should not mark you as a cheater. In-game, you probably won't be visibly bipodded, but it still works regardless of whether or not you're the host.
- If you want to uninstall this mod, remember to remove all of the Lion Bipod attachments from the affected weapons, or you'll probably lose them!
- No animations. I don't know how to import animations into PAYDAY 2. When deploying or undeploying a bipod, your view and weapon will just warp to the bipodded location instead of playing any sort of animation. If you know how to add custom animations, this could be a job for you! Otherwise, this is just how it's gonna be.
- This mod lets you deploy your bipod anywhere except in the air. Seriously. Faceplanting into a wall, on your teammates' backs, looking straight up, standing on a flat surface with nothing around you, you name it.
- First person viewmodel alignments (bipod standard hip-carry stance, bipod steelsight stance) may be a bit off. I've only barely begun to adjust them.
- Incorrect bipod axis point- When in bipod mode, you may notice that you swivel around a point on the gun that is not necessarily where the bipod is. I'm working on it.
- [Ongoing] First-person model positional tweaks
- Bipods for more weapons?
- Custom weapon support? (I haven't looked into this, but it _should _work with any custom weapons that choose to enable a bipod on their weapon attachment part list.)
- Other things that are related to bipods? This whole mod is basically a series of huge workarounds for the convoluted Bipod system, so it's the best I can do right now.
Contact me for help, feedback, questions, answers, or the average rainfall of the amazon basin. In order of priority: I will reply to Discord, reddit and Steam messages most quickly, as I check those the most often, followed by modworkshop comments/messages, clubpenguin messages, FarmersOnly messages, and messenger pigeons.